The first edition of the 360 Flex conference in Europe is over. It’s been three interesting days of talking to people, attending sessions and networking. Overall the conference was interesting, although there were less people that I was expecting – but I guess this is because in Europe the conference doesn’t yet have that much popularity.
The sessions were mostly held by non-adobe speakers – there were three sessions held by Adobe guys and the keynote during the first day. The rest were people that used Flex, have done cool things with it, or developed tools to help in working and deploying Flex applications to clients. Some thoughts:
- the guys from Kaltura are pretty funny. And they have an interesting concept to boot: a wiki-like application for rich content. It uses Flex for the video editing tools – check them out at kaltura.com.
- the guys at NitroLM came up with a hosted licensing solution for Flex and AIR applications. And they work with Flex 3 – NitroLM homepage
- there were a lot of other interesting sessions, like the one Jaco held, but my plane will leave soon, and I need to get off the wireless 🙂
Fun facts at the conference:
- I spoke too fast and finished my preso 20 minutes earlier 😦 fortunately people were curios enough to stay and ask question and just talk afterwards.
- The guys at simplified logic burned their Guitar Hero 3 set – plugged their 110V into Europe’s 220. They only sang a last "puff"
- Koen had a lot of misfortune – his mac crashed twice during the presentation and one of the demo apps would not work no matter what 🙂 So macs are human too.
Next post will have pictures – if I can get them from Mihai’s camera.